Re: ChangeLog policy for same-day changes to a file?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: ChangeLog policy for same-day changes to a file?
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:46:19 +0900

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>> Does it matter?  Either seems clear enough, for a human reader, at
>> least.
>
> It's just confusing because there is an implicit one-to-one mapping
> between ChangeLog top-level entries and CVS commits.

There's never been such an implicit mapping.  Perhaps it happens by
chance in many cases (often because after you've committed something,
somebody else will sneak in and put their own entry in the ChangeLog
before yours), but I regularly (on a daily basis) see counter-examples.

-Miles

--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page