Re: 23.0.50; dbus

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; dbus
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 00:59:59 +0100

Am 03.01.2008 um 00:32 schrieb Michael Albinus:

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Yes. But I still don't know what to do in the MacOS case, where tons of compiler warnings are raised due to the signedness of the SDATA return value. Peter has shown it in a recent message. Shall we always cast the type like "strlen ((char *) SDATA (uname))"? This would affect much more
files but dbusbind.c.

Use the -Wno-sign (or whatever its name is) to disable those warnings.

"-Wno-pointer-sign" shall be good for I guess. It is enabled by default
in configure, when the compiler supports it. But I haven't seen it in
the gcc calls on MacOS X, Peter has given some postings ago in this
thread. Again, I have no access to such a machine.

-Wno-pointer-sign
Don't warn for pointer argument passing or assignment with different signedness. Only useful in the negative form since this warning is enabled by default. This option is only supported for C and Objective-C.
-Wsign-compare
Warn when a comparison between signed and unsigned values could produce an incorrect result when the signed value is converted to unsigned. This warning is also enabled by -Wextra; to get the other warnings of -Wextra without this warning, use -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare.

I can try them next time, as -Wno-pointer-sign or as -Wno-sign-compare.

--
Greetings
  Pete

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.