Re: choice for the new emacs icon

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: choice for the new emacs icon
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 10:32:03 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>> Given the state of MULE in Emacs 20, a mushroom cloud would likely have
>> been more appropriate.  The investment into utf-8 now pays off, but boy
>> did it hurt at that time.
>
> Dunno, never had any real problems with it.

Well, you are living in a country that makes do with the ASCII subset:
not much room for trouble there.  I certainly did experience problems.
\201 is probably a hard-wired visual for me.  After the Unicode merge,
there won't even be much of an opportunity for bugs/coding problems to
trigger \201 nostalgia.  We'll get different artifacts if at all.

--
David Kastrup