Re: choice for the new emacs icon

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: choice for the new emacs icon
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 09:36:49 +0000

David Kastrup wrote:
Well, you are living in a country that makes do with the ASCII subset:
not much room for trouble there.  I certainly did experience problems.
\201 is probably a hard-wired visual for me.  After the Unicode merge,
there won't even be much of an opportunity for bugs/coding problems to
trigger \201 nostalgia.  We'll get different artifacts if at all.

What did Emacs 19 display for that particular ISO control character?