Re: uptime.el

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: uptime.el
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 19:34:33 -0500

Richard Stallman wrote:

> What do people think of this?

Might as well have this functionality. I installed something similar.

> (The patch in startup.el should be done differently.)

I set emacs-startup-time in command-line.

> (defun emacs-uptime (&optional here) "\
> Tell how long GNU Emacs has been running.
> If the optional argument HERE is non-nil, insert string at point."

Didn't see the point of the HERE argument; used an alternative
implementation based on something in gnus-art.

> (defun emacs-startup-time (&optional here format) "\
> Return string containing the date and time Emacs was started up.

Didn't see the point of this function, which is basically just a call
to format-time-string.