Re: Info-build-node-completions has an extra `*' node

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Info-build-node-completions has an extra `*' node
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 01:55:57 +0200

>> But first things first. What is the rationale for this? Does it really
>> fulfill a need? If not, let's just get rid of it, to avoid unnecessary
>> confusion.
>
> I agree.
>
> Seeing the raw info file as a result of goto-node is pretty odd,
> unlikely to be very useful for most people (especially now that info
> does inter-node search very naturally with normal isearch), and fairly
> likely to confuse those who stumble upon this "feature" by accident.
>
> Are there people that use this feature regularly?

I discovered this feature after reading the Info documentation but never
used it.  However, I see it could be useful when done right, i.e. if all
inter-node navigation worked even on a multi-node buffer (so `u' inside
one node moves point to the position of the beginning of its parent node
in the same buffer with all nodes, etc.)

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/