Re: 23.0.60; gdb not running the program first time around

From: robert marshall
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; gdb not running the program first time around
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:31:26 +0000

robert marshall wrote:
Nick Roberts wrote:
Can you please try the patch below which also fixes a couple of other minor problems at startup. Instead of discarding the input, it should now just defer it. It would be helpful if you could gorilla test it and report any problems you see as I would like to add these changes to EMACS_22_BASE for the imminent
release of Emacs 22.2

Thanks for the report.

Your patch appears to work well so far - I'll keep an eye on it over the next couple of days and let you know if I see any further problems.

Just to confirm that the patch still works ok - the only issue where it appears to get confused - though I've not verified whether the pre-patch code also had this issue - is when gdb crashes - then a M-x gdb restarts the debugger but doesn't produce a prompt until you press return

Robert

--
Robert A J Marshall, TNEI Services Ltd, 88-90 London Road, Manchester, M1 2PW Registered in England & Wales No. 03891836,
Registered office:  Milburn House, Dean Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1LE