Re: TODO [was Re: Looking for a new Emacs maintainer or team]

From: V.Rao
Subject: Re: TODO [was Re: Looking for a new Emacs maintainer or team]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:33:24 -0500

Please let me know if anyone is already working on one of these tasks.

** make emacsclient accept -nw as a synonym to -t.

** Replace some uses of the preprocessor code in Makefile.in with the equivalent autoconf.

** Make vc-checkin avoid reverting the buffer if has not changed after
   the checkin. Comparing (md5 BUFFER) to (md5 FILE) should be enough.

** Make "emacs --daemon" start emacs without showing any frame.
Use emacsclient later to open frames.

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:45:54 -0500, Nick Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:

 > Have looked at the list in etc/TODO.
 > Will Do.

If you do start working on something in TODO, it is worth posting to this list to say what it is, in case someone else is doing/plans to do similar stuff.