Re: PATCH to add euro symbol to French-{postfix, alt-postfix, prefix} in

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: PATCH to add euro symbol to French-{postfix, alt-postfix, prefix} input methods
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:21:05 +0200

> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Anyone object to adding this?
>>
>> I'd rather keep the space open for extensions,
>> so C-x 8 E = and/or C-x 8 = E would be preferable.
>
> Ok, but it seems rather inconsistent with the existing bindings...

Inconsistency would be too bad here, indeed.  Currently we have:

C-x 8 $         ¤
C-x 8 L         £
C-x 8 Y         ¥
C-x 8 c         ¢
C-x 8 * $       ¤
C-x 8 * L       £
C-x 8 * Y       ¥
C-x 8 * c       ¢

So either we should move them all to a new prefix, or just add `C-x 8 E'
as you suggested, and then some other new key could add a new free prefix
(like `C-x 8 =') later when necessary.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/