Re: vc-set-mode-line-busy-indicator

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: vc-set-mode-line-busy-indicator
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 10:10:18 -0700

  >       > I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.  If there is no
  >       > other reason for its removal, we should put it back in.
  >
  >     I think you misunderstand, this has not been done in any released
  >     version of emacs, it was just a failed experiment in CVS HEAD.
  >
  > You have lost me there.  I don't know what that sentence means.

It means that such a feature has never been available in an emacs
release, so it did not exist for the vast majority of emacs users.

To add such a feature now, it has to stand up to the usual scrutiny that
new features usually do.

Up until now it has completely failed this scrutiny. Except for you,
everyone on this list has hated it, and given good reasons for that.

You said in another message that you explained why this would be good.

But many people in many different messages have showed that it will
definitely be bad, even when taking into account your arguments.