Re: Diffs between %s and %s end here

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Diffs between %s and %s end here
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:07:35 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

> Due to the rather nasty tone, I do not feel inclined to carry out your
> demand.

You've accused me of making demands before. I'm not at all put out,
but rather than letting it slide this time, let's analyse my mail:

  It's very frustrating

A statement of how I feel about something. In hindsight, the "very"
was overkill, but I guess I'm entitled to feel how I like.

  that a discussion about creating a single new face has got
  sidetracked into this issue.

A statement that I think the discussion has been sidetracked.

  We have already had this discussion.

A statement of fact.

  No-one agreed with you.

A statement of fact.

  Please read the references Reiner supplied.

A request framed in a normal level of politeness. I don't know how you
want me to ask you things if you think this is a "demand".

>  Especially when it involves something as inconvenient as looking at
> a web site.

Reiner also supplied the name of the thread and the month it took
place in. I thought this was how you normally found old mailing list
discussions.