Re: SYNC_INPUT and 23.1.

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: SYNC_INPUT and 23.1.
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:48:17 +0900

> I think Stefan can answer that best, AFAIK, he did the
> implementation.  I assumed it was an X thing.  Does other platforms
> use signals for the GUI loop?

Window system events in the Carbon(+AppKit) port are not
signal-driven.  But in order to notice C-g, window resize and so on
even while the Lisp interpreter is busy or waiting for synchronous
process output, it uses polling by SIGALRM.  This is essentially the
same as what some systems without SIGIO (such as some versions of
Solaris) even with X11, and SYNC_INPUT also makes sense in such
platforms.

BTW, with SYNC_INPUT, some `immediate_quit' cases can no longer be
quit with C-g.  Does anyone working on this?

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden