Re: rampant region highlighting

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: rampant region highlighting
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 14:30:59 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> I'm surprised: if you don't like transient-mark-mode, why didn't you write:
[...]
>   (if transient-mark-mode (setq transient-mark-mode nil)))

Perhaps one day in a fit of madness I will actually want to enable t-m-m...

I should change it to:

(or (eq transient-mark-mode t) (setq transient-mark-mode nil))

> Or even do away with the `if'?  That would not suffer from the problem
> you're seeing.

Shouldn't we be criticising the fact that I have to jump through such
hoops at all, not the fact that I made them square? It's clearly a
very polarizing feature, so a standard way to totally disable it would
seem a good idea.