Re: Ready to start serious work on VC mode again

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Ready to start serious work on VC mode again
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:24:21 +0200

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> Are there any know, urgent VC bugs I should address first?

Things that hit me is that using multiple backends does not appear to be
robust.  I have some CVS directory with some files checked into git (but
not all).  When I use C-x v l to get a log file from a file only present
in git, and then type RET on some log entry, vc bombs out because it
wants to see the file being in CVS.

Those logs should likely use a local variable to hardware the VC they
are supposed to work with.

I have had other problems with files not registered under CVS (but in a
CVS-controlled directory) but under git but don't remember the details
right now.