Re: font-backend branch

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: font-backend branch
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:54:38 -0400

Kenichi Handa wrote:

> I've just committed new codes in font-backend branch.  Those
> who have reported font-backend-related bugs, please test
> that branch.

Of the problems I've reported, your branch fixes these two:

font-lock faces use different font with font-backend
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-03/msg00651.html

font height problems with font-backend
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-03/msg00620.html

This issue is still present:

Xresource pane.menubar.*font no longer takes effect
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-02/msg00314.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-02/msg01683.html

Also, I have a new issue now, in that Emacs starts with the right
font, but in the wrong size. I have in ~/.Xdefaults:

Emacs.font: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-14-*-100-100-*-*-iso8859-1

But Emacs starts with a bigger font (misc fixed 9x15 it seems).
If I select 7x13 or 7x14 from the shift-mouse-1 "Misc" menu, I get the
font I want.