Re: Next release

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 21:17:28 +0300

> From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 23:58:57 -0700
>
> Can you please first get all the background before intervening?
> Doing that is absolutely not helpful.
> I am very disappointed, I didn't expect this from you Eli.

Well, I'm sorry I disappoint you, but I still think that we should be
able to discuss technical issues, even if we disagree, without
non-technical words such as ``whining'' or ``pestering''.

> I feel that I really need to get my name cleared here

You don't need your name cleared, believe me.  Your name as one of the
more active contributors to Emacs development is as clear as it gets.
Thank you for you past and future work!

> And no, someone that has not helped that effort in any way
> (i.e. Yamamoto Mitsuharu), despite being the most qualified person for
> the job, has absolutely no standing to send nastygrams about it today.

Sorry, but I beg to disagree.  Asking developers to do a good job is a
reasonable thing, and anyone who contributes to Emacs is in a position
to do that.  As someone who did the job that is being criticized, you
can, of course, disagree, but please let's try not to make this
personal.

> I am puzzled about the motivation to even bring this up today in an
> unrelated discussion.

Well, I think if you re-read what you just wrote (and I omitted), the
motivation will be clear.

> Now can we please stop this?

That's what I was asking: to stop.