Re: isearch-repeat-forward: wrong overlay after failure

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: isearch-repeat-forward: wrong overlay after failure
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 19:59:11 +0300

> This issue has been around for a long time, and I suspect it was never
> noticed because many people just do C-s C-s rather than binding a key  to
> isearch-repeat-forward'.

`isearch-repeat-forward' is not an entry point to the incremental search:
it doesn't activate isearch mode neither deactivates it.  IIUC, it was
never intended for non-incremental search, so it doesn't guarantee to
work when isearch mode is not active.

If you want to find the next occurrence without highlighting it
and without activating isearch mode, you can use the command
`search-forward'.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/