Re: Profiling Emacs on M$

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Profiling Emacs on M$
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:25:14 +0530

Hi,

On 5/21/08, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> GDB indeed cannot be set up as a JIT debugger, but there's the DrMinGW
>  program that can.

I agree about the JIT part. The DrMinGW creates a file which I am not
sure if GDB can read as a core file. I tried using the cygwin dumper
to create dumps of running processes build with GCC and use it through
GDB with no success (I have been trying to migrate the complete build
in the place I work to use MinGW so that we can have same/similar
build/development/debugging environment on M$ and UNIXes).

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!