Re: face-remapping patch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: face-remapping patch
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:31:30 +0900

Florian Beck <address@hidden> writes:
> Two questions: Firstly, this works strictly on faces, doesn't it?

Yes

> Secondly, what I'd really like is a way to change fonts/faces not per
> buffer but per window. (Use cases: a secondary window which displays notes
> in a smaller font or which displays tabular data in monospace font.)

If there's demand for such a feature, maybe a per-window remapping list
could be added as well (e.g., using `window-face-remappings' and
`set-window-face-remappings' functions), whose entries would take
precedence over the normal variable.

-Miles

--
Future, n. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends
are true and our happiness is assured.