Re: header-line and mode-line faces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: header-line and mode-line faces
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:07:25 +0300

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:10:49 -0700
>
> I don't think that is a good idea. The default value should just inherit from
> face `mode-line'.

I don't see why.  Please explain more.

> Users should be able to customize face `mode-line' and have face
> `header-line' follow suite.

Why? they are different faces used for different portions of display.
They should be different by default so people could easily tell one
from the other.

> I have the feeling that the boxed mode line came into being just
> because boxing became a new possibility.

Actually, it was the other way around: boxing was added because the
idea of having the mode line with this appearance seemed cool.