RE: breadcrumbs for Info . . . . . .

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: breadcrumbs for Info . . . . . .
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:33:18 -0700

No. Four possible section levels + one top level = 5. As I said:

> I'd suggest therefore getting rid of the depth user option
> altogether. If you feel you must keep it, then please make
> its default value 5, which includes everything (the 4 possible
> section levels plus the top level). By default, at least,
> no breadcrumb nodes should be elided.

For example, visit node `General VC Options' in the Emacs manual. You get this
with the default value of 4 for `Info-breadcrumbs-depth':

 > (emacs)Top > ... > Version Control > Customizing VC > General VC Options

With a value of 5, you get this instead:

 (emacs)Top > Files > Version Control > Customizing VC > General VC Options

(Stefan has agreed to remove the initial `> '.)