Re: visualization of CVS commits

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: visualization of CVS commits
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:56:50 -0700

Richard M Stallman wrote:
One of the things missing is any obvious plan or effort to offer a free software
    alternative to youtube and the like.   Saying "don't use that" amounts to
    saying "deprive yourself of access to that functionality and no, we've no
    plan to how you can get that functionality back."

I think there is a confusion in that statement.
Which functionality do you mean?

The ability to publish and view videos published for and viewable on
any "A-list browser", using only binaries from accountable distributors
and to be of sufficient quality to work on all popular platforms without
crashing *too* often, said videos to be made available without incurring
hosting fees for the publisher and to be available for embedding in other
web pages.

Something along those lines.

I admit that, applied to Adobe Flash, the "without crashing *too* often"
is a slight stretch but, in a comparative sense, they seem to lead the pack.

-t