Re: visual-line-mode

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: visual-line-mode
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 11:10:00 +0200

On 30 Jun 2008, at 12:39, Miles Bader wrote:

Incidentally, I notice that in cases where posn-at-point is returning
bogus values for word-wrapped lines, it looks like it's just ignoring
word-wrap entirely -- the values returned would be correct if word- wrap
were turned off!

The same thing appears to happen with `vertical-motion'. Calling it with point at the first couple of characters of a visual line behaves as if word-wrap wasn't enabled at all. I don't know if that's due to the same bug.

That's at least one of the things that prevents visual-line-mode from working with word wrapping.

(Tested with a 22 backport of Chong's patch.)