Emacs.app merged

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Emacs.app merged
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:47:21 -0400

Hello,

The Cocoa/GNUstep port (Emacs.app) has been checked into CVS trunk. A tag "before-merge-emacs-app-to-trunk" was made just before.

"configure" may need to be regenerated -- I did not have the sufficiently recent version of autoconf here, but it seemed to work anyway.

A patch containing the changes to existing files, as well as a listing of the files added, is available at:

http://cortex.med.cornell.edu/~arobert/emacs-app/diffBeforeMerge.patch

The newly-added 'nextstep' directory contains additional information. FOR-RELEASE in that directory contains a list of TODOs before release of 23.1.

There is (still) a project at sourceforge associated with this port:

http://emacs-app.sf.net

I'm undecided whether to continue this -- it may be helpful as a developer tool, but I don't want users confused about where bugs are to be reported, etc.. A final binary release will be made there when 23.1 comes out.

Adrian