Re: inputting characters by hexadigit

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: inputting characters by hexadigit
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:57:29 +0200

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:33, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> This behavior seems much, much, weirder, since it doesn't hook into any
> existing command in a way that make any sense...

That's true. But, honestly, when I want to type a Unicode codepoint,
I'm not interested in the command that implements it, just that it is
convenient and easy to remember. Switching to a Unicode input method
would be a no-no; C-q seems most logical, but I don't much like the
idea of suddenly adding escape chars to it, so C-q # XXXX inserts
Unicode and then you need C-q # # to insert a simple #, etc.

That said, I currently have super-i bound to ucs-insert and I'm quite
happy with it, so any way we go it's fine by me.

  Juanma