Re: Analysis of redisplay performance on Windows

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Analysis of redisplay performance on Windows
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:30:30 +0100

Chong Yidong wrote:

> Could you verify that setting the overlaps argument unconditionally to 1
> in draw_glyphs indeed removes the performance problem?  If so, we can
> work around this.

Doing this results in a blank frame.  #if 0 around the block that calls
left_overwritten and right_overwritten does not solve the performance
problems completely (redisplay can still not keep up with scrolling,
whereas Emacs 22 can on the same PC), and without that code, the display
becomes garbaged, so I don't think it is worth pursuing this workaround.