Re: Rmail-mbox branch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Rmail-mbox branch
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:27:09 -0400

> Here's my conundrum.  I'm married to IMAP, for better or worse.  I have my
> mail on a very reliable RAID5, backed up, fast server.  One under my

Adding proper IMAP support to Rmail is between difficult and impossible,
but if you limit yourself to using the IMAP protocol in order to
download your messages (i.e. as if it were just POP), then it should be
pretty simple and indeed using GNU mailutils's code may give you this
feature for free.

We do want to bring Emacs's and mailutils's movemail closer.

        Stefan