Re: Improving X selection?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Improving X selection?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:34:35 +0300

>>> That would make a lot of sense to me,
>>
>> Shift-Insert is kind of quasi standard to paste the *selection* on X11.
>> This would make emacs behavior even more "non standard".  I don't care
>> much, just wanted to note that.
>
> I do care much. I use Shift-Insert to paste selection and Control+Insert
> to set selection all the time. If the behavior of those keys was
> changed, I'd be really p. off.

Do you use Shift-Insert and Control-Insert because other programs
provide the same keys for the same functionality (i.e. copy to the
clipboard and paste from the clipboard)?  In this case, it is more
annoying when these keys don't work as expected in other programs
based on CUA guidelines that specify Shift-Insert and Control-Insert
to work with the clipboard.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/