Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:11:34 +0900

Thomas Lord writes:

 > It's a linguistic confusion between communities, in part.

God, you're smart, Tom.  At least in the "finding the head of the nail
so you can whack it with a hammer" sense. ;-)

Now, since these are communities we're talking about, not simply a
minor twirk, there are a bunch of other things that are associated
with something like this difference in definition of "delete".

I conclude that this thread is a waste of time; Lennart should go
customize his .emacs, and then everybody should get to work on (1)
implementing cascading custom themes and (2) providing a UI that (a)
allows Windows folks to have Windowsy behavior, Mac folks to have "for
the rest of us" behavior, and *nix folks to have "for the sentient"
behavior, (b) an (optional) subcommunity thematic for eg Vista
cripples vs XP wonks and (c) a "new-in-version-X.Y" theme advertised
on the splish-screed.

And all easily accessible and well-advertised.