Re: proposition about bookmark-buffer-file-name in bookmark.el

From: Toru TSUNEYOSHI
Subject: Re: proposition about bookmark-buffer-file-name in bookmark.el
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:32:32 +0900

Thank you for replying.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Fogel" <address@hidden>
To: "Toru TSUNEYOSHI" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 4:37 PM

> "Toru TSUNEYOSHI" <address@hidden> writes:
> > I have a proposition.
> > (I use GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195).)
> >
> > Now, `bookmark-buffer-file-name' in bookmark.el do
> > `abbreviate-file-name' buffer-file-name only.
> > So, I wish this function do `abbreviate-file-name' dired-directory (and
> > Info-current-file) on next version of Emacs.
>
> This sounds reasonable to me, but could you give examples of what the
> new names would look like for those kinds of bookmarks?

Sorry, I can't understand you clearly.

Anyway, I wish that `bookmark-buffer-file-name' returns dired-directory
relative to `~/'.

examples of `bookmark-buffer-file-name' processing:

  case:
    home directory:  "d:/home/user/"
    dired-directory: "d:/home/user/xyz/"

    (bookmark-buffer-file-name)
    now
      => "d:/home/user/xyz/"
    wish

> (By the way, expressing the proposed change in 'patch' format is
> probably the most precise way to communicate it.)
>
> Thanks,
> -Karl

Yes.
I use `defadvice' in practice.
But I made a patch for bookmark.el temporarily.