Re: org changes lost

From: Michael Olson
Subject: Re: org changes lost
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 19:20:17 -0800

> Yes.  I do follow Emacs development through a git mirror, and since
> yesterday I do have a local tag that is called last-sync-with-org-repo.
> At lease as a double-checking mechanism this will be effective, I hope.

I'd recommend using a dedicated "emacs23" branch instead of a tag.  Sync
just that branch with Emacs CVS.  After syncing from Emacs, cherry-pick
the changes you want for master (I use git add -p to group the changes
into semi-atomic commits first before committing them).

In order to sync to Emacs, sync emacs23 first, merge master to emacs23,
*then* overwrite files in Emacs CVS using what's in the emacs23 branch
(or commit first to a git repo of Emacs, then use git-cvsexportcommit to
apply the patch to CVS).

--
|       Michael Olson  |  FSF Associate Member #652     |
| http://mwolson.org/  |  Hobbies: Lisp, HCoop          |