Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs/lib-src emacsclient.c ChangeLog

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs/lib-src emacsclient.c ChangeLog
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:54:21 +0100

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 16:46, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:

> You asked "modify according to your taste".

Yes. I also said "please don't delete the EMACS_DAEMON define".

> Not only is my taste not to
> add unneeded #defines, but the main reason is that there's other code in
> src that deals with the daemon that uses just fine #ifdef WINDOWSNT.
> Consistency in all directories is important.

That other code should also use EMACS_DAEMON or similar.

> Please STOP this.

Then please stop acting like this. You revert one of my changes after
I explicitly asked not to do, and "defend yourself" by saying that I
was provoking you... If you don't want me to think that you're acting
arbitrarily, don't do it. Please discuss before taking conflictive
decisions.

And the reason I fixed emacsclient.c on my own is that, as you left
it, it wouldn't even compile; otherwise, I would have brought the
discussion to the list first. I have no interest in fighting you; but
I also don't have the inclination to leave you to impose your view
over the code, when there are alternate POVs to consider.

    Juanma