Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs/lib-src emacsclient.c ChangeLog

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs/lib-src emacsclient.c ChangeLog
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:15:17 -0500

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

>> Not only is my taste not to add unneeded #defines, but the main
>> reason is that there's other code in src that deals with the daemon
>> that uses just fine #ifdef WINDOWSNT.  Consistency in all directories
>> is important.
>
> That other code should also use EMACS_DAEMON or similar.

That depends on the specifics of the situation.  Could either you or Dan
point out the places in src that use WINDOWSNT to handle daemon mode, to
give us more information to work with?  (The macro should probably be
called HAVE_DAEMON for consistency.)

Another thing to consider: does the Emacs server and daemon work on
Nextstep?