Re: comment-dwim has no behavior to comment out the current line without

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: comment-dwim has no behavior to comment out the current line without a region
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:27:04 -0500

> On second inspection, C-M-; is not bound by default.
> How would you feel about binding the following function to that keybinding?

To tell you the truth, I'm not very enthusiastic at the idea of using
one of the few remaining bindings for such a small feature.  I'd much
rather provide a "mark-line" key that could then be combined with M-; to
comment out the current line (since it would then be usable in other
contexts as well).

I think that M-; M-; holds more promise.

        Stefan