Re: Switching to bzr: what remains to be done?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Switching to bzr: what remains to be done?
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:23:52 -0500

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
> Here's another one:
>
> Assume that bar and baz are registered under bzr, foo is not.
>
> Running the command below (-v -S is what emacs uses for the vc-dir
> command):
>
> bzr status -v -S foo bar baz
>
> results in:
>
> bzr: ERROR: Path(s) do not exist: foo
>
> nothing is shown about the other 2 files.
>
> this can occur in practice when using vc-dir, when removing an
> unregistered file, and then doing a refresh.
>
> Reference for this bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/306394

Thank you.

Everyone: I'm sort of dividing this thread into two kinds of issues:

   1) One-time conversion issues.

   2) Problems with bzr even assuming a perfect conversion.

Both are important, but I'm in a better position to work on (2), and it
seems like various people here are giving lots of thought to (1) anyway.

Now I'll go try to match up this thread with the bzr bug database, to
make sure there's a bug for each (1)-type problem we've listed.