Re: (featurep 'multi-tty) => t on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: (featurep 'multi-tty) => t on Windows
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 07:54:28 -0500

> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:14:41 +0100
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Perhaps the multi-tty feature should have subfeatures, like
> `make-network-process'; they would be computed at runtime, and would
> say whether the running instance supports multiple ttys, mixed tty/GUI
> frames, etc.

Actually, I'd dare to submit that I cannot see any reason at all for
providing `multi-tty' as a Lisp feature.  At the time, I asked several
related questions here, and my conclusion from the responses was that
almost all (if not plainly all) features added by multi-tty are (or
are supposed to be) invoked through emacsclient.  Since emacsclient
cannot test Emacs features, providing `multi-tty' seems useless.  The
fact that no code tests for it reaffirms that conclusion.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'd love to know what that is.

If I _am_ right, we should simply stop providing `multi-tty', while it
is still not too late.