Re: (featurep 'multi-tty) => t on Windows

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: (featurep 'multi-tty) => t on Windows
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 06:40:57 -0500

    > That's Emacs who evaluated the expression, not emacsclient, and doing
    > something with that in normal emacsclient usage is impossible.  What I
    > meant is that you users cannot tweak emacsclient to do something like
    > "if this Emacs supports feature XYZ use option -N, otherwise use
    > option -M" (although one could write a shell script to do that).
    > emacsclient doesn't have an extension language that could make use of
    > that paradigm.

    I suppose a limited form of that wouldn't be too hard to implement, if
    necessary.

I don't think we should go in that direction.  If the user wants to
program how to handle an emacsclient request in various circumstances,
it is much cleaner to write the program in Lisp, rather  than in
arguments to a shell command.

I think that is more appropriate anyway, because the preference for
what to do is more likely to vary from user to user than from caller
to caller.

Is there some reason why this CANNOT be done in Emacs?