Re: segfault when using XIM with multi-tty on gnu/linux

From: Zsitvai János
Subject: Re: segfault when using XIM with multi-tty on gnu/linux
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 12:03:28 +0100

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 06:55, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Steps to reproduce:
>>  1. start emacs -nw
>>  2. have XIM active for your X session (run scim -d)
>>  3. start X11-capable emacs frame with emacsclient -c
>>  4. close the X11 emacs frame
>>  5. segfault with error
>
> I can't reproduce this bug, even now that Emacs calls XCloseIM.  Do you
> still see the segfault?

Yes, it's happening again. I have attached a backtrace of it. One
workaround is to unset XMODIFIERS before starting emacs.

With address@hidden set, for me, the procedure to reproduce
differs a bit from above:
5. start X11-capable emacs frame with emacsclient -c again
6. close the X11 emacs frame
7. segfault

Thank you for your time.