Re: Option to customize the -m message flag of cvs?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Option to customize the -m message flag of cvs?
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 21:59:25 +0100

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 21:49, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is the vc-dir and "cvs -f status" problem the only reason why you
> cannot switch to the recent port of CVS offered by
> http://ftp.gnu.org/non-gnu/cvs/binary/ ?  If there are other reasons,
> what are they?

As I said, CVSNT has been exceptionally stable for me, doesn't require
setting up SSH or PuTTY, and in the past (not recently) I used it's
server features. So yes, I can switch, but I'm not sure why I should.
CVSNT is still free, after all. Adding an ad to a message and
providing a way to avoid it can hardly be reason enough to consider it
non-free.

Anyway, what do you propose about the [non-Emacs-developer] users' out
there, for which this whole -m/-M issue will be an inconvenience? It's
not like they're guilty of using proprietary software.

    Juanma