Re: Option to customize the -m message flag of cvs?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Option to customize the -m message flag of cvs?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:18:55 +0100

> Is the vc-dir and "cvs -f status" problem the only reason why you
> cannot switch to the recent port of CVS offered by
> http://ftp.gnu.org/non-gnu/cvs/binary/ ?  If there are other reasons,
> what are they?

The "cvs -f status" problem is an initial obstacle.  I don't have the
slightest idea what other problems I might encounter when using that
port.  Currently, I'm mostly harassed by the problems that

(1) reverting a buffer under VC may change its line endings from Unix
    to DOS, and

(2) `vc-diff' gets me a Diff buffer with ^M appended on each line.

My knowledge of vc issues is far too limited to get me a usable, working
environment here.  Adding the problem that I can't convince people to
include a simple option in vc-cvs.el, I meanwhile deeply regret having
considered `vc-dired' for managing my commits.  In the future, I'll be
more prudent when reading text like

     Hmmm, so all the more reason for people to stop committing stuff
     separately... :-/

     -Miles

martin