Re: Add lgrep/rgrep commands to Edit > Search submenu

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Add lgrep/rgrep commands to Edit > Search submenu
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 23:33:16 +0200

>     Maybe a menu structure like this?
>
>     Edit > Search > Search Files > Grep...
>     Edit > Search > Search Files > Grep via Find...
>     Edit > Search > Search Files > Local grep...
>     Edit > Search > Search Files > Recursive grep...
>
> Menus three levels deep are a pain to invoke.

Incremental Search menu items are on the same depth,
but I guess there is no problem with them because
no one runs them from the menu since they have
more convenient key bindings, and menu items only
serve as tips for novices.  If grep commands had
own key bindings more convenient for running than
menu items then maybe there will be no problem with
deep menu levels.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/