Re: Interactive hat.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Interactive hat.
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 00:23:33 +0900

>  > You got things backwards here: the "^" describes the behavior of
>  > the command, so it should be part of the command, not its name.
>
> In XEmacs, both descriptions are incorrect.  "Shifted motion selects"
> is a property of the key, not of the command nor of its name.

Er, so if I rebind "C-f" to some command in my mode which is completely
unrelated to the default binding, does it still inherit the default
shifted-select feature?!  What if I rebind some other key to
"forward-char"?  Does that new binding then lack shifted-select?

[If so -- wacky...]

-Miles

--
Christian, n. One who follows the teachings of Christ so long as they are not
inconsistent with a life of sin.