Re: cp949 support

From: Eduard Wiebe
Subject: Re: cp949 support
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:54:22 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> In article <address@hidden>, Jihyun Cho <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> In the past, someone has submitted a patch that is similar with this.
>> (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-03/msg01700.html)
>
> Oops, I have forgotten about that mail.
>
>> They have different code-space between this patch and the old patch.
>> Which is the correct code-space?
>
> Af far as I see /usr/share/i18n/charmaps/CP949.gz, it seems
> that the current one is correct.
>
>> I applied this patch, but some Hangul letters in CP949 region are
>> shown incorrectly.
>> For example, the Hangul letter "HANGUL SYLLABLE HAEH" is shown "HANGUL
>> SYLLABLE JWIG" in this patch.
>> But the old patch works well.

Hmm..!?

> How did you show those letters in Emacs?  By
> list-charset-chars?

The output of M-x list-charset-chars looks pretty good to me and accords
with http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/goglobal/cc305154(en-us).aspx

> Please tell me the Unicode code point of those two characters.

@Jihyun, have you following chars in mind?

HANGUL SYLLABLE HAEH:  Unicode 0xd58f, CP949 0xc164
HANGUL SYLLABLE JWIG:  Unicode 0xc951, CP949 0xc1e4

--
Eduard Wiebe