Re: Virtual Info files and nodes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Virtual Info files and nodes
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 02:14:19 +0200

> I'd like to present a patch that properly implements virtual Info files
> and nodes.  It plugs in to just three functions in the Info package and
> provides an API to redefine these functions to dynamically generate
> either a virtual file or a virtual node:

It looks fairly good.  I have a few comments/questions:
- Can't it be pushed a bit further to make it handle the "dir" special
  case as well?
- Why regexps for filenames?
- Why ^...$ when you really mean \`...\'?
- Why check (stringp filename) in Info-virtual-file?  Isn't it an
  error to call it with something else than a string.
- Why have separate Info-virtual-file and Info-virtual-node functions?
  (the latter is only called (once) from Info-virtual-fun, and the former
  is called once from Info-virtual-fun and another time where it seems
  that Info-virtual-fun could be used in its stead).

        Stefan