Re: & and M-& to run programs asynchronously

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: & and M-& to run programs asynchronously
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:52:02 +0200

>> Could the patch for M-&=async-shell-command be finally checked in?
>
> I think `async-shell-command' in
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/99764/focus=101699
> is just a starting point for implementing more powerful command
> that accepts more proposed options (like either to display the output
> buffer or not, etc.)

  Ok; then could this starting point be checked in? It is already useful.

  I think that before trying to extend it, it has to be correctly bound to M-&
in the right places and without colliding with other M-&
  Extensions can also wait because there are many and there isn't full
consensus ([1]). So better get the base in first.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/99764/focus=100293