Re: Sending attachments

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 01:01:22 +0000

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> asked:

    > Is there any facility that can be used in Mail mode
    > to put attachments into the message?

Marc Andreessen wrote Emacs Lisp to add gif, jpeg, postscript,
raw-binary, and raw-nonbinary in 1992 in MIME and in 1993-95 Masanobu
UMEDA wrote Emacs Lisp to edit MIME text messages.

In 1996, Ray Moody wrote Emacs Lisp to read MIME.

As far as I know, none were part of GNU Emacs.  I can send the libraries
if wanted.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         address@hidden