Re: invisible mouse pointer?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: invisible mouse pointer?
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 18:40:33 +0300

> Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 18:34:52 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> > I just checked in a fix for this so the pointer becomes invisible when you
> > type something.
>
> Why are we doing this in C, rather than adding the invisible-pointer
> option to avoid.el?

And after looking at the code, I must say I don't like this option at
all, certainly not turned on by default.

      DEFVAR_LISP ("make-pointer-invisible", &Vmake_pointer_invisible,
                   doc: /* If non-nil, make pointer invisible while typing.
    The pointer becomes visible again when the mouse is moved.  */);
      Vmake_pointer_invisible = Qt;

Why is this behavior such a good idea?  Looking for and not finding my
mouse pointer doesn't sound like a fun at all.