Re: Recent recentf slowdown due to "/ftp:..."

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Recent recentf slowdown due to "/ftp:..."
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 17:53:47 +0200

Stephen Berman <address@hidden> writes:

> I have confirmed that while the problem occurs with my first post-branch
> build, GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.4) of
> 2009-06-23 on escher (and still with current build of 2009-06-30), it
> does not occur with my last pre-branch build, GNU Emacs 23.0.94.2
> (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.4) of 2009-06-14 on escher.
> Whatever causes the pause seems to leave a trace in resident memory that
> prevents the pause, so testing requires a fresh login session.  Because
> of this, unfortunately, I do not have time to revert from CVS to find
> the problematic change.  Unless someone can suggest another way to
> locate it, I'll just add this to the bugtracker and hope it gets fixed.

I've tried to reproduce the problem exactly as you have described, it
doesn't happen to me.

What is the exact GNU/Linux distribution you are using? Which desktop
are you using (Gnome? KDE? Something different?) Is GVFS running after
your login? Is GVFS running after the first Emacs start, including the
pause?

I'm checking, whether the new tramp-gvfs.el package is involved.

> Steve Berman

Best regards, Michael.