select-active-regions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: select-active-regions
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:20:09 +0300

When making changes like these:

    2009-07-17  David De La Harpe Golden  <address@hidden>

            * w32-fns.el (x-selection-owner-p): New function.

            * mouse.el (mouse-drag-track): Call deactivate-mark earlier.
            (mouse-yank-at-click, mouse-yank-primary): If
            select-active-regions is non-nil, deactivate the mark before
            insertion.

            * simple.el (deactivate-mark, set-mark): Only save selection if we
            own it.

please do not forget that the MS-DOS port of Emacs also supports the
mouse and the clipboard.  These changes broke it because
x-selection-owner-p was not defined.

By the way, I don't think x-selection-owner-p, as defined on
w32-fns.el, is correct: If I set select-active-regions non-nil on
Windows, the active region does not get put into the clipboard.  Isn't
that the intent of this feature?