Re: message-mode is now default?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: message-mode is now default?
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:13:47 +0900

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> writes:
>    > I found another way message-mode differs from mail-mode, it does
>    > not use mailalias.el, so that is yet another UI difference.  So
>    > one cannot use define-mail-alias, or ~/.mailrc.
>
>    I think it does work, albeit maybe not through mailalias.el.  If
>    you invoke "M-x message-mode RET" in "emacs -Q", don't you see it
>    saying it loads your ~/.mailrc?
>
> No, and define-mail-alias does not work either for me.

Hmm, if i do "emacs -nw -Q", and then "M-x message-mail", then I see:

    Parsing /home/soft1/miles/.mailrc... done

It then expands aliases if i do TAB or SPC (TAB always seems to work,
but SPC only works if abbrev-mode is enabled ... which it is by default).

[Oddly, if I do "M-x mail" instead (invoking mail-mode), it _doesn't_
expand aliases...]

-Miles

--
History, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are
brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools.